February 06, 2011

Heads Up NYC - Willie West is on the way



If you're in the New York City area, here's your chance to catch one of HOTG's great featured artists, Willie West, on February 26 at Southpaw in Brooklyn. It's his first NYC performance. For details, hit the poster to enlarge or go for the Southpaw link. His cameo at the Ponderosa Stomp was just a taste. This show will be the the real deal. Enjoy. Wish I could be there.

...and stay tuned, there's another music post in da pipeline....

2 Comments:

Blogger Allison Vaughn said...

You're it. You're the guy I need to talk to. I'm so happy to have found your blog. I'm from New Orleans, moved to Missouri after the storm when they jacked my rent to 300%, live in Columbia and have a hard time coming across good 60s New Orleans R&B. My public library has a few random compilations that I keep checking out over and over (Warren Lee, Ray Algere, Lee Dorsey, etc). I used to listen to the R&B shows on OZ and feel like a chump that I didn't take better notes. I will pore over your blog, look for outlets where I can find it, etc. Do you mind if I have a link to you from my blog? www.allisonjvaughn.blogspot.com

Love this.

10:18 PM, February 14, 2011  
Blogger Dan Phillips said...

Thanks, Allison. Feel free to link away! Glad I can be of help in your search for old NOLA R&B. If you've got the bandwidth, be sure to check out the webcast at www.hotg.org.

In 1967, I spent one Fall at Missouri U up in Columbia pretending to be a freshman, majoring in rare herbs (cough, cough), hitch-hiking a lot, protesting the war, and exploring the trippy countryside. Then I realized I forgot to go to class all semester and had to come back to Memphis! I have fond, if fuzzy, memories of the place. Hope you like it, too, though no doubt you are WAY over winter by now.

Feel free to email or comment again, if you have any questions.

12:38 AM, February 15, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home